What in the world is a fitness boot camp?
Sounds a little intimidating doesn’t it? When you hear fitness boot camp, you immediately think HARD WORK! Why on earth would anyone want to do a fitness boot camp, especially a live-in fitness boot camp? The answer is simple really: To put yourself in an environment that is both challenging and effective. Fitness boot camps are created to maximize time, especially live in programs. Most live-in fitness boot camps have you exercising anywhere between 4-6 hours each day! WOW! That’s a lot, isn’t it?
A few questions to see if a fitness boot camp is for you:
- Are you ready to work hard? Fitness boot camps are not spa vacations or yoga retreats. Someone enlisting in a fitness boot camp is looking to work very hard and make the most fitness progress in a limited amount of time.
- Have you checked with your doctor to see if you can workout for long periods of time at an intense level? This is a must do if you are wanting to attend a fitness boot camp. Make sure you are in good enough shape to participate or you’ll end of feeling frustrated. Most live-in fitness boot camps will closely monitor you and modify the exercises to fit you, but still- you’ll be exercising a lot!
- Are you ready to be exposed to a variety of fitness and activities and more importantly are you willing to try new things? One of the best parts of a fitness boot camp is all the variety of classes you get access to. From CrossFit style workouts to spin, boot camps, aerobics, and strength training, you will be trying new things and seeing what works for you.
A fitness boot camp is a terrific option if you are looking to lose weight and up your fitness game!
A few fitness boot camps across the country on our radar to check out:
- Phuket Fit in Phuket, Thailand
- Unite Fitness Retreat in Salt Lake City, Utah
- Barcelona Bootcamp in Barcelona, Spain