What exactly is a weight loss resort?
While “fat camps” are nothing new, programs like The Biggest Loser and Extreme Weight Loss have made residential weight-loss programs quite popular. From no-nonsense weight loss boot camps to luxurious resort and spas, there is something for everyone. Whether you want to lose extreme amounts of weight or just get in great shape- there is a perfect fit for you. Bottom line, a weight loss resort is a place to vacation in which weight loss and changing habits are the priority.
Are you considering a new approach to weight loss and thinking about attending a weight loss resort this next year? There are so many benefits from attending a weight loss resort, but they can be costly. It’s important to do your research before signing up.
Questions to Ask Before Booking Your Weight Loss Resort Get Away
There are many different types of weight loss retreats, a variety of locations, and various services offered at each resort. Ask these questions before you reserve your spot
- What is covered in the program cost? Many programs are all-inclusive, but some resorts add fees for educational classes, even personal training.
- What professionals do you have access to? Are there dietitians, certified trainers, counselors, and possibly doctors? Think about what is important to you and make sure your resort has the proper professionals you’d like to meet with.
- What is the level of intensity at the resort in terms of exercise? Some weight loss resorts are just a little more laid back and focus more on wellness. If you are looking for a lot of varied exercise with capabilities to modify- find out in advance to avoid being disappointed.
- What will happen when I go home? Ask about post-program services and costs. Some programs build in the cost of coaching after you go home and some programs do not have any after program support.
- How many participants will be there with me? If you prefer a small-group setting, ask about the number of participants that will be in your program.
- What is the general philosophy of the weight loss resort? Will you be asked to fast, drink only juice, take any supplements or pills? Is the diet duplicatable at home? Is the exercise going to be too strenuous?
Different types of Weight Loss Resorts:
- Luxury & Spa Weight Loss Resorts (like The Golden Door in California)
- Yoga Weight Loss Resorts (like Skyterra Wellness in North Carolina)
- Boutique Fitness & Weight Loss Resorts (like Unite Fitness Retreat in Utah)
- Hiking Weight Loss Resorts (like Mountain Trek Health Spa in Canada)
The “Best” Weight Loss Resort
Is there a BEST weight loss resort out there? The answer is no…There is no best weight loss resort. The best weight loss program is the one that meets your individual needs and fits into your lifestyle so you can make the most progress and go home feeling confident you can continue what you started. There are a lot of great resorts out there, it’s a good idea to take your time, investing in your health is not cheap, but it’s worth it. Keep in mind, the very best weight loss resort is the one that best fits your long term goals.